Thursday, February 07, 2008

Bottom of the News… Friday, February 8, 2008

Good morning my fellow Rotarians… Well, as I mentioned last week, February is considered the “LOVE Month!” So, in honor of St. Valentine and all you hopeless romantics, I thought I’d share a few items on the topic of Love…

First, we flash back to CASEY KASEM’S TOP 10 “Love Songs” of the ‘70’s…

10. I Think I Love You - PARTRIDGE FAMILY
9. I Honestly Love You - OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN
8. Love Will Keep Us Together - THE CAPTAIN & TENNILLE
7. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough - DIANA ROSS
6. My Love - PAUL McCartney & WINGS
5. Best of My Love - THE EMOTIONS
4. Silly Little Love Songs - PAUL McCartney & WINGS
3. How Deep is Your Love - BEE GEES
2. The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face - ROBERTA FLACK
1. You Light Up My Life - DEBBIE BOONE

And now I have a special treat… Our crack research team went to work interviewing family members and childhood friends of a few Rotarians to learn their views on Love & Marriage when they were kids…

"If falling in love is anything like learning how to spell, I don't want to do it. It takes too long." – Steve Carpenter, age 7

"I think you're supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it isn't supposed to be so painful." – Jim Angstman, age 8

"No one is sure why it happens, but I heard it has something to do with how you smell. Maybe that's why perfume, make-up and deodorant are so popular." – Angie Nowak, age 9

"One of you should know how to write a check. Because, even if you have tons of love, there is still going to be a lot of bills." – Brian Brown, age 8

"I'm not rushing into being in love. I’m having too much fun with skateboards and BMX’s, plus I'm finding fourth grade hard enough!" – Bart Woods, age 10

"A man and a woman promise to go through sickness and illness and diseases together, yech!" – Kathy Horan, age 7

"Being single is better . . . for the simple reason that I wouldn't want to change no diapers. Of course, if I did get married, I'd figure something out. I'd just phone my mom and have her come over for some coffee and diaper-changing." – Sarah Fare, age 10

"Love will find you, even if you are trying to hide from it. I’ve been trying to hide from it since I was five, but the girls keep finding me." – Paul Phelan, age 8

"Most men are brainless, so you might have to try more than once to find a live one." – Michele Boyer, age 11

"Love is the most important thing in the world, but my Dad told me that baseball is pretty good too and I believe him!" – Jon Cushing, age 8

"It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I'm just a kid. I don't need that kind of trouble. "– Pat Shey, age 7

"Once I'm done with kindergarten, I'm going to find me a man!" –Julie Schmitt, age 5

So for you guys who are romantically inept, grab your PDA right now to make a date with your valentine (and make sure you wear clean socks)! And ladies, you may just have to cut your guy some slack because they just can’t help it!

And this is our special Valentine’s edition of the bottom of the news on this Friday February 8, 2008. Thank you!

###

No comments: