Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bottom of the News… Friday, July 24, 2009

Good morning my fellow Rotarians. Well, since I will be traveling the next two weeks for an international conference in Australia, I thought that some travel news might be in order. These are REAL stories told by travel agents...

 How about the passenger who asked for an aisle seat so that their hair wouldn't get messed up by being near the window.

 A man called, furious about his Orlando, FL package. He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. The agent explained that an ocean view room was impossible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state.
The man replied, "Don't lie to me. I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state."

 A woman called her travel agent and said, "I need to fly to Pepsi-cola on one of those computer planes." When asked if she meant to fly to Pensacola on a commuter plane. She said, "Yea, whatever."

 A man was asking the check-in desk how he would know which plane to get on?" When asked to explain he said… "I was told my flight number is 823, but none of these darn planes have numbers on them."

 A woman called and asked, "Do airlines put your physical description on your bag so they know who's luggage belongs to who?" When asked why she questioned this, she replied, "Well, when I checked in they put a tag on my luggage that said FAT on it. I admit I’m a bit overweight, so I am wondering the connection?" The agent had to put the woman on hold for a minute, telling her, “I will look into it." Actually, the agent was laughing hysterically! When she got her wits together she came back to the caller and explained the city code for Fresno is FAT, and that the airline was just putting a destination tag on her luggage and NOT her description.

Oh, the joys of traveling! I will see that first hand again as I start my journey next Thursday to Sydney, Aus. There are more than a dozen Rotary clubs in the metro are and my hope is to visit one or two. The news will continue with Brother Steve Carpenter filling in next week and I will see you in 3 weeks. That’s the bottom of the news for July 24, 2009! ###

No comments: