If Something Can Go Wrong...Good morning! I would guess you the definition of Murphy's Law… If anything can go wrong, it will go wrong (Sometimes known as the 4th law of Thermodynamics).
Captain Edward A. Murphy, an American engineer at Muroc, California (Edwards Air Force Base) came up with the first law.
In 1949 he was working on a project to test the effects of sudden braking. Time after time his machinery failed and finally, he said 'If there is any way to do it wrong, I will find it.' The phrase stuck and quickly became widely used.
Here are a few of the lesser known Murphy’s laws…
- He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
- Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
- Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.
- The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
- If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
- Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat, drinking beer all day.