Good morning my fellow Rotarians. Today I thought I’d share with you some little known laws that are still on the books around our country from years gone by…
- In Minnesota, it is illegal to cross state lines with duck on your head.
- In Pennsylvania, it is illegal for a man to purchase alcohol without written consent from his wife.
- In Alaska, it is illegal to look at a moose from the window of an aircraft.
- In Idaho, a citizen is forbidden to give another citizen a box of candy that weights more than 50 lbs.
- By law, everybody in Vermont must take at least one bath a week.
- In Kentucky it is illegal to carry an ice-cream cone in your pocket.
- In Washington state, all lollipops are banned.
- An unmarried woman may not parachute on Sunday in Florida.
- In Atlanta Georgia, it is forbidden to dress a mannequin without first pulling down the window blinds.
- In Milwaukee, residents must keep pet elephants on a leash while walking them on public streets.
- In Muncie, Indiana, it is illegal to carry fishing tackle in a cemetery.
- In Massachusetts, mourners at a wake may not eat more than three sandwiches.
- In Chico, California you can be fined up $500 for detonating a nuclear device within the city limits!
- It is illegal to gargle in public in Louisiana.
- In Nebraska, a parent can be arrested if their child burps during church.
- In Alabama it is illegal to wear a false moustache which causes laughter in church.
- In Kansas, it is against the law to catch fish with your bare hands.
- And finally… In Iowa, it is illegal for a kiss to last more than five minutes. Hmmm…
There they are, little known laws around our country so careful out there! (especially that kissing thing…) and that is the Bottom of the News this Friday, May 8, 2009! ###