Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bottom of the News… Friday, August 21, 2009

Good morning my fellow Rotarians. To begin, I offer my apology to the group, and to the young people who were here last week, for a story that was inappropriate. I promised brother Carpenter when I signed up for this gig that I’d keep it clean and well, I blew it and it won’t happen again.

And speaking of a “foot in your mouth” move, today’s news is about job applicants who gave some really dumb answers during job interviews. Some people are nervous or maybe have an outgoing personality, but some seem to lack basic common sense, especially if they want to get a job! Here are a few of the “Dumbest Interview Answers” from real people, compiled by CareerBuilder.com:

Q: Why should we hire you?
A: “I would be a great asset to the social events team because I party all the time.”

Q: Why are you looking for a job?
A: “Cigarettes are getting more expensive, so I need another job.”

Q: What are your assets? (as in strengths)
A: “Well, I do own a bike.”

Q: When have you demonstrated leadership skills?
A: “My best example would be online video gaming. I pretty much run the show; it takes a lot of leadership to do that.”

Q: Tell of a time you made a mistake and how you dealt with it
A: “I stole some equipment from my old job, and I had to pay for its replacement.”

Q: What are your weaknesses?
A: “I get angry easily and I went to jail for domestic violence. But I won’t get mad while I am working for you.”

Q: Use three adjectives to describe yourself?
A: “I hate questions like that!”

Q: Why did you leave your last job?
A: “I have a problem with authority.”

Q: What is your most pressing question for me?
A: “If I get an offer, how long do I have before I have to take the drug test?”

Q: Have you submitted your two weeks’ notice to your current employer?
A: “What is two weeks’ notice? I’ve never quit a job before, I’ve always been fired.”

And there you have it, “not-so-smart” answers from people looking for a job… that is the Bottom of the News on this Friday, August 21, 2009! ###

No comments: