Thursday, September 05, 2013

Golf



I Love This Game – GOLF!

Good morning my fellow Rotarians!  Yesterday I had the privilege of playing in the annual Mount Mercy golf event at Hunters Ridge.  All had a great time and I thought this morning I’d share a few golf stories with you…

A golfer asked his friend, "Why are you so late?"  The friend replied, "Its Sunday.  I had to toss a coin between going to church, or playing golf and it took 25 tosses to get it right!"

A gushy reporter said to Jack Nicklaus, "You are spectacular, and your name is synonymous with the game of golf.  You really know your way around the golf course.  What's your secret?"  Nicklaus replied, "The holes are numbered."

A young man and a priest are playing together.  At a par-3 the priest asks, "What club are you going to use my son?"  The young man says, "An 8--iron, father.  How about you?"  The priest says, "I'm going to hit a soft seven and pray."  The young man hits his 8-iron and puts it on the green.  The priest tops his 7--iron and dribbles the ball a few yards. The young man says, "I don't know about you father, but in my church when we pray, we keep our head down."

An American went to Scotland and played golf with a newly acquainted Scottish golfer.  After a bad tee shot, he played a "Mulligan" which was a great shot.  The American asked the Scot, "What do you call a Mulligan in Scotland?" The Scot replied, "We call it hitting 3!"

Police are called to an apartment and find a woman holding a bloody 5-iron standing over a lifeless man.  The detective asks, "Ma'am, is that your husband?"
 "Yes", says the woman.  "Did you hit him with that golf club?"  "Yes, yes, I did."  The woman begins to sob, drops the club, and puts her hands on her face.  "How many times did you hit him?" the detective asks.  "I don't know... five, six, maybe seven times; just put me down for a five."

And that my friends, is the Bottom of our news for this Friday, Sept 6, 2013.  ###

No comments: