Saturday, October 16, 2010

“Lord, forgive me when I Whine!"

Good morning my fellow Rotarians.  This past week Logan, my 17-year old came to me with a poem he found in Og Mandino’s book entitled “A Better Way to Live.”  Rule #7 is “no whining” and this poem makes the point.  

"Lord, forgive me when I whine!!!"
-
Author Unknown 

Today, upon a bus, I saw a lovely girl with golden hair,
I envied her, she seemed so happy and I wished I were so fair.
When suddenly she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle.
She had one leg and wore a crutch; but as she passed she gave me a smile!

Oh God, forgive me when I whine,
I have two legs.  The world is mine!


I stopped to buy a snack and the boy who waited on me had such charm.
I talked with him, he seemed so glad.  And as I left, he said to me, "I thank you, you have been so kind.  It's nice to talk with folks like you.  You see, "he said, "I'm blind."


Oh God, forgive me when I whine.
I have two eyes.  The world is mine.


Later while walking through a park I saw a boy with blue eyes.
He stood and watched the others play.  I stopped and asked him,
"Why don't you play with those kids who are near?"
He looked ahead without a word, and then I knew he could not hear.


Oh God, forgive me when I whine.
I have two ears, the world is mine.


With feet to take me where I'd go, with eyes to see the sunset's glow,
with ears to hear what I would know...

Oh God forgive me when I whine.
I am blessed indeed.  The world is mine!


So, as you go about your day remember and share with your fellow workers, Rule #7…  No whining!  And have a attitude of gratitude!  And that is our bottom of news for this Friday, October 15, 2010.  

###

No comments: